Tag Archives: wicket

Wicket + Guice including unittests

Last week I spent way too much time integrating Apache Wicket and Google Guice. Yikes! The most difficult part for me was getting the initialization to happen in the right order. A big Thank You to Dan Retzlaff on the Wicket list for helping work through these details. The details below were applied to a […]

Read more

Wicket + GAE automatic reload

One disappointment of developing for Wicket and Google App Engine (GAE) is that the automatic monitoring and reloading of modified HTML files didn’t work. It had something to do with the single threaded nature of the GAE platform. I had found a few previous efforts to make this work, but none of them worked with […]

Read more

Java, Wicket and Hibernate on EC2 (pre-interview project)

Over the weekend I put together a project as a precursor to an interview. I really like interviews where I have a chance to solve a problem that’s more meaningful than generating a random number efficiently. The pre-interview question came in the form of a sketch of the application. This worked out great since I […]

Read more

Software licensing: Wicket pages and panels

My initial perception of wicket panels was that they were like includes. This naturally lends itself to header, footer and style content that will be the same throughout a web application and avoids duplicating code. It seems wicket panels are more widely used than I first expected. For example, I keep seeing examples of a […]

Read more

Software licensing: Jersey framework for REST

I did some investigation into building the RESTful API for the software licensing system using wicket. At first I was encouraged that URL management was so easy (nevermind that really old article I just linked to). Wicket Not Ideal for RESTful APIs In the end I decided that wicket was not a good choice for […]

Read more

WordPress plugin licensing: Wicket on Google App Engine

For the user interface layer of the licensing system I was interested in using a framework like Wicket. It was a lot of work to setup. The process was made somewhat frustrating by the fact that most of Google’s results are a few years old and deal with older versions. I did finally get it […]

Read more